The Great Irish Hooley
Get your fix for the best bangers and mash and traditional Irish music and dance on this side of the Atlantic at The Great Irish Hooley. Held at Raglan Road restaurant in Disney Springs is coming this September, this year’s hooley will be the eighth installment of the Irish festival. Here, you will find authentic Irish cuisine, live music by popular Irish musicians, and award-winning performances by Irish dancers. You definitely won’t want to miss this celebration of Irish culture, so read on for all the details of this exciting event in Central Florida.
What is the Great Irish Hooley?
In Ireland and Scotland, the word “hooley” means a party with traditional music and dancing, but you don’t have to be Irish to enjoy this festival. The Great Irish Hooley is a time of celebration, signifying the halfway mark to St. Patrick’s Day. So, grab your dancing shoes because the live music is sure to make you want to move your feet.
Who is Performing?
The lineup for this year’s hooley is sure to be an impressive one. With authentic Irish bands and performers, the entertainment will transport every person to the Emerald Isle. The lineup for this September’s hooley has yet to be revealed, yet you can expect to see regular Raglan Road performers at the festival, as well as:
1. Raglan Roots Coalition – A mix of traditional and modern Irish, roots, bluegrass, folk, pop and rock. This Raglan Road restaurant house band in Disney Springs Orlando is sure to knock your socks off with their soul rocking Celtic bluegrass.
2. Out the Gap – Traditional Irish music performers comprising of five young musicians.
3. Reel Republic – Four band members from all corners of Ireland playing a variety of different Irish tunes, songs, and modern covers. They are well known for their passion and Irish flair.
4. Briste – This trio mixes country, folk, and Irish traditional music to create irresistible foot-tapping tunes.
5. Byrne Brothers – This trio of young artists play traditional Irish music that is sure to get your body moving.
6. JigJam – Multi-award-winning Irish quartet mixes traditional Irish music with bluegrass and Americana.
7. Lisa Canny – A 7-time All-Ireland champion on the harp and banjo. She blends pop and hip-hop with traditional Irish music.
Musicians won’t be the only performers at the festival. The Raglan Road Irish Dancers are a popular entertainment group and perform yearly during The Great Irish Hooley. You may even learn an Irish dance step or two.
Rosen Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel®, is the perfect place to stay to not only enjoy The Great Irish Hooley festival, but to also enjoy all that Orlando has to offer. Our comfortable guestrooms, new renovations, and central location makes travelling to and from Orlando attractions hassle-free. Contact us today at 407-996-7300 (or click the red button in the upper right-hand corner) to reserve your room at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista.