- Arrive Early – Some airlines will overbook their flights which is why you need to get to the gate as soon as possible to secure your spot. Getting to the airport 2-3 hours prior is recommended to get through security with plenty of time.
- Mobile Check-in – Most airlines offer a mobile check-in option or check-in through an app. Use this to your advantage and check-in from home to avoid lines at the airport. This way you can skip the kiosks and go straight to security.
- Entertainment – You may have to wait a while at the gate, but it is a small price to pay to ensure that you are there on time. However, you will want to pass the time somehow. Airports usually offer Wi-Fi so you can stream a movie on your computer or simply read a book while you wait to board.
- Comfort – Even on some of the shortest flights, you can find yourself struggling to find a good seating position, and if you want to take a nap, it can prove difficult. Use a neck pillow if possible to allow for easy resting without discomfort or taking up too much space.
- Stay Hydrated – The low humidity in the plane cabins can result in dehydrating effects which may cause headaches and cramps. These can be countered by drinking lots of water.
- Don’t Forget the Gum – Due to the changes in cabin pressure as your aircraft takes off and lands, there is substantial discomfort when your ears pop. Any chewing activity that works your jaw is helpful in combatting this pain, so bring some chewing gum with you to avoid popping ears.
The Perfect Trip
When looking for the perfect vacation spot, look no further than Orlando’s Clarion Lake Buena Vista. Located close to the Orlando International Airport and less than two miles from Walt Disney World®, we offer the ideal vacation experience in the perfect location. Book your stay today at 407-996-7236.