- Some venues may have certain rules about DIY decorations, so be sure to ask your venue what they allow before starting your project.
- If you plan to ship your decorations ahead, check with your venue to see if they can hold it for you. If not, ask your local wedding planner if they can keep it until you arrive.
- Check airline restrictions for carry-on items.
- Always have a backup plan in case something breaks.
- In general, avoid DIY projects with fresh flowers. They can’t withstand travel and you won’t want to feel rushed to finish DIY creations the night before your wedding.
Your guestbook can be anything from a traditional book to a collection of local postcards signed by your guests. It’s easy to transport and lasting memento for years to come.
- Invites, Save-the-Dates, Thank You cards
Get your guests excited for your destination wedding with personalized cards that set the tone for your special weekend.
Use local products for a gift that will remind guests of your time together abroad.
- Your Make-Up, Hair, or Nails
Doing your own make-up, hair, or nails is a clever way to create a subtle DIY look while also saving money.